22.1.12

A Revelation or Two




Today tv provided me with 2 new revelations.

One a new show called Hillbilly Handfishin - umm hello, crazy people!!!
Im sort of tempted to send Rod though as it looks kind of fun in a sick twisted way and really, my twinkie lil toes are far to precious and cute to use as bait, so ill just watch him from the bank. - Wait, are there alligators there?!?

Two - a few posts ago I made fun of my husband for his debilitating condition,


( ok slightly fun of my self as well, but as I also let you know about the teenage secret code that is eye rolling. So you know im really cool right?).

Well while watching the pilot of New Girl ( can I save love love love), I realized that I myself suffer from a debilitating condition

Wierdgirlsingitis....
(As you can sufferers look totally normal....ish)

Shortly before watching said show I made some sweet crisps ( can I say love love love) and whipped some cream to go with it, which caused me to sing Ahh Ahhh whip it, Whip it real good. Loudly. Very Loudly. At the top of my voice Loudly.

My microphone

Watching the show, where she randomly sings, my husband gave me that look ( now I know it was just cause I was singing so awesomely). I thought oh heck, I sing a lot, at random times at random things, from random words to start me off and give myself awesome theme songs. So I self diagnosed....

Wierdgirlsingitis

I dont know if its something I can come back from, or if I even should try and cure myself, cause really I would be just denying the world of such beauty as my voice. But Im a sufferer. Its something that will probably effect me for the rest of my life. Im sure my friends will be glad that I am coming to terms with this and will show me love and support.

The thing is though, Im sure I ant be the only sufferer, right?!? Come on 'fess up!


Ps - The television did give me another gift today - Grease. Rod was horrified about how much I can quote it. Does he not understand that that sums up good times in my early teenage years with my girlfriends?!?

PPs - I really promise you that I am a terrific singer, that whole voted worst singer in my final year of high school ( unfortunate true story...) - total jealousy, and the reason Rod wont let me sing in his band - he just does not want to lose me to international stardom!

PPPs - Layout is one I did last night, with awesome wallpaper from the opp shop, that Scrapbooking Master Beth and I found yesterday on our jaunt. Isnt my sweet Ty utterly kissable!?


linking at get your craft on at Todays Creative Blog

15 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Hi Sarah Lou! thanks for coming by my blog.. hey i have laughed from your journalling!! you write such great stuff.. and i love your layouts too... your poor baby.. she wasn't very happy there! and your son is so cute.. and yeah i know all about kids.. how they start off being little and cute and somewhere along the line you find yourself buying uniforms for high school... how does that happen!?? i now have 3 of mine in their 20's... how did that happen!!??? i must make sure i come by here again.. very enjoyable blog!! have a great week!

Daphadills said...

Funniest blog post ever...was PMSLing...Glen wanted to know what was so funny. Of course secrets are safe with me. I think you look lovely in that photo. Your hair has grown beautifully...Your happiness with life & your new baby girl shines through xx

Mandy said...

i fess up ok...i do it too....the great thing is tho me and my family..wrong grammar i believe...sing real song as well..it ma just take a word to set us off..i am not on my own at least...lol..love your page and gorgeous photo of you indeed....looking forward to meeting you...and thanks for your thoughts about my mummy ...we are slowly ingesting all the info tents etc...take care...xxx

FiKenward said...

What a sweet layout, love the minimal colour here just makes the photo pop. Thanks also for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment.

mustangkayla said...

haha! Too funny! My 5 and 2 year old tell me to stop singing when I sing. :-0 Cute layout! Love how the photos are totally even horizontally. I'm stuck in grid mode and need to break from it.

Lizzy Hill said...

Anyone who sings at all, has my vote:) As for Ty.....he's sooo cute here & I loooove that wallpaper you used for the bg. Long live opp shops! I think you should become a famous photographer rather than singer, anyway. Your photo's ROCK:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love love your lo!!!! Cuteeeeeeee photo and loving the butterflies!!! And just loving your fun post!!! Thanks for visiting me... I am following your bloggy now! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Melonie said...

LOL! Thanks for making me smile:) Cute post and beautiful LO too!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh what a funny post! Love it! You're a classic!!! Hey that layout is rockin' awesome! I was totally blown away by the texture... wallpaper huh?! Totally cool! You and Beth seem to pick up the BEST stuff! I must not be looking in the right Op Shops!!! I really loved Beth's milk ring thing that was on her layout "ouch" in the master's issue of SBM - totally cool!!! :D

Chantal Vandenberg said...

BTW - I love Grease too!!!

yyam said...

haha...you are funny! :)

Such a sweet layout...love the subtle colour palette. And what a little cutie! :)

Pamela said...

Guilty. :) What a great post and fantastic layout!

mandysea said...

LOL fabulous post! had to grin!! I do it too! and I LOVE grease! great pics and fabby LO!

ann said...

I am another Grease fan AWwww it looks like bubby is not ready for a tu tu yet.

Kat said...

such a funny, funny post! i sing a lot, too, but unlike you (of course), i am truly, truly terrible. oh well. i'm not stopping, so people must embrace it :-)

great layout, too, btw.