9.4.10

Finally



I bring you the letter F. And just for good measure, cause it was due on Good Friday, I bring you a good dose of G as well. 

But First.

It seems I have a problem. Its even bad enough to be annoying the Big ( Even though I keep explaining that as parents we are not allowed to take them home until we sign a contract that states that as parents we must be annoying at all times).

I cant stop saying Dude. 

Dudes, I am seriously worried that a 90's teenage sitcom star may have taken over my brain. I hate the word Dude - its right up there with awesome. Somebody help me, but really it cant be all that serious until I start saying, Gnarly, right......

Ok sorry — left field I know. Onward and Upward.

F is for Favourite!


Sweet and simple. Has a list of my Favourite  things. I again, used what ever I could reach at the time. With an added touch of yummy sparkle up the top.

And G is for Good Grub!



That letter kicked my butt! So once I finally figured out what word I was going to use, I wanted to add some of my fav recipes of the past year, so made some lil pockets and slipped em in. I wanted to try just simple here — see what I could do with a pen and ink, but to make it dainty.  Dont think it's my favourite, but thats the thing about this, its just trying stuff and seeing what happens.

Oh speaking of trying things, I have a lovely new friend who is trying out a A to Z art journal as well. Go say hello to Sherrie.

PS I cant wait for everyone to hit the sack tonight ( poor suffering hubby has OT tomorrow so it means an early night for him as he has to get up at 2am). 
Library books, Sunshine Cleaning and a chai latte. Cant wait!! I have waited forever to rent Sunshine Cleaning! Gnarly Dude! 
PPS Were you really suprised I added that at the end?? Really?
PPPS I am still so macking on my typewriter, just incase you couldnt tell!

15 comments:

Ruth Philps said...

OMG Sarah Lou your art journal is looking awesome Dude!!

CraftyMummy said...

There are much worse things you could say constantly than "dude"...

Your journal is great... If I didn't have so many projects already on the go I'd start one ;)

~amy~ said...

Thank you sooo much for stoppin' by my blog so that I could discover your very fabbie blog! Your journal is absolutely magnificent!!!

btw, I say dude too:)

Leanne J said...

you are like so totally funny dude.. crack me up...
great blog... seriously...

Vel said...

I say dude all the time...really...all. the. time. I don't know why I do it, I just do. Huh.

Love your book. It's awesome. hehehe (it really is though)

Wendy said...

Always a hoot reading your blog Sarah! thanks! your journal looks 'fab' too (is that word ok? LOL!!) :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hehehehehehe....I say 'dude' and 'awesome' all the time...and then want to kick myself for doing it...lol!!!! I guess I am trying to stay young!! LOL!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your pages!!! they are JUST GORGEOUS! :):):):) thanks for visiting my blog....I truly appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

mustangkayla said...

I didn't realize it was bad to say 'dude'! Yikes, my poor son, I call him dude all the time! :0) Your art journal is soooo cool! The F page is so pretty! And I love how you did the pockets on the letter 'g'.

Mel said...

Hey dude, just love the art journal, and putting the recipes in little pocket tabs is super clever dude, love ya, Melxx

Chloe said...

Love these pages Sarah! They are aweso..... I mean fantastic :-)

LOL you are so funny!!!

Kirsty said...

I 'dude' too. Luckily my kidlets are too little to notice how annoying I am ;)
love the art journal!

KarenB said...

Hmmmm 'Gnarly'?? Reminds me of an old Family Ties episode, where the blonde little sister (ummm... memory is fading...) tries to fit in with the cool kids and everything is 'gnarly' **cringe**
'Dude' ~ I can live with that, and 'awesome' - I use that word too much but sometimes it just kinda sums up everything you want to say.

Loving your "f" page. It's (dare I say it?) awesome!!

Daphadills said...

Your G and F pages are my fave thus far!

Heather said...

Very creative! I don't know why...but I like when a word is big and divided up like you did on the F page...that's one technique I forget about. And why do we spell favorite differently across the globe? That always wonders me! lol
Love the doodling and the torn pages on the G page.
I'm behind again...I'll try to catch up after we are back from vacation....5 more days to wait...and we are off to NC!

Tyggereye said...

F and G are GORGEOUS pages. Wow what a great book. I liked Sunshine cleaning, but I thought it would be more funny. It wasn't funny comedy per se. More Indie flick funny. Does that make sense?